Admit it! You’re dying to know what I listen to while
I write my books and enjoy life on Saipan, or during airport layovers while I travel! Therefore, I offer to you:
THE JAMAICAN ON SAIPAN’S TOP 10 FAVORITE COUNTRY SONGS
Following a recent conversation with a friend about the music we listened to growing up, I decided to spend a few hours compiling a list. My favorite country music songs are from the 70s and 80s. (Yes, we listened to all types of music in Jamaica!) In my humble opinion, Country artists/writers have great lyrical dexterity, great melodies, great hooks and represent all around great music making!
The following are in no particular order, but if you’d like to know which song I listen to most often, it would probably be Ronnie Milsap’s He Got You (#3a)
Most of these youtube versions I found have the lyrics onscreen for your contemplation. Please take a listen to a few. Even if country’s not your thing, take a little adventure with me and let me know what you think! Thanks!
1. Your Memory by Steve Wariner
2. Middle Aged Crazy by Jerry Lee Lewis
3. He Got You & Any Day Now by Ronnie Milsap
4. Foolhearted Memory by George Strait
5. Highway 40 Blues by Ricky Skaggs
6. I Don’t Need You by Kenny Rogers
7. Luckenbach Texas by Waylon Jennings
8. Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton
9. Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue by Crystal Gayle
10. I Was Country When Country Wasn’t Cool by Barbara Mandrell and George Jones
If you’re hearing any of these for the first time, I’d love to
get your feedback and which ones stand out to you!